Saturday, December 10, 2016

"Happy Place"

"What is your happy place?", he asked.

Upon contemplation..
First I thought of all the things that I do which make me happy.
Nature.. hiking.. climbing...
Shows.. Movies.. Gaming.. Reading..
etc.

Being in tune with myself is my happy place.
Listening to myself. Being in the moment with myself, and being grateful for the goodness of that moment.

For me often my happy place manifests in what is beautiful to me. Nature and stories. Humanity, Life. Life is beautiful to me. And fictional life (shows, books, video games) is more relaxing initially because you know that you don't have control over what happens even if you wanted to, but you will still be okay regardless of what happens. You are along for the ride. In the real world though, you get caught up in fears and expectations. It is hard to let go and accept that you most things you have no control over and a higher power is going to make life happen how it happens and do what it does; freaking out about it isn't going to help anyone or anything. If that higher power is mother nature, or a diety it is all the same. Believing and accepting that life is going to happen how it happens, when it happens and more often than not, you have no control over that and ultimately realizing that you are going to be okay no matter what happens.
This is the ultimate peace; the ultimate "happy place" within yourself, and this is how you ward off anxiety and life a good life.

No matter what your religion is; atheist, agnostic, christian etc. etc.. No matter who you are, learning to be grateful for the moment, and trusting that everything is going to be alright no matter what happens and understanding that life will do what it does, regardless of your fear and cares... is significant.

That doesn't mean do nothing. This is about resting, and being at peace with yourself and the world, not about giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment