Monday, May 2, 2016

Rant: Life, liberals, the Internet, gripes?

I  take life very seriously. Not life as in our journey; life as in life; creation.  I  take everything from plants to birds to insects to pets to human beings...  All very seriously. They're  precious. I  love them. 
It is disappointing when I go through life or on the Internet and come across two things:
People trying to normalize things like abortion
And people who complain about their periods persistently.  Now,  the first one seems pretty obvious. I mean,  yeah,  alright.  Abortion is very controversial for this moral reason; enough said. 
And I suppose now that I think about it,  there are countless incidents of things on the Internet that just make me sad. People are connecting in many good ways,  but also in bad ones.  People have grouped together and identified together based on their gripes a lot of the time. My example that I used was about girls complaining about periods.  Yeah, we all do it at some point in our lives, but there's also a point where you need to suck it up and be grateful for a body which is able to procreate. I felt really sick when I saw or heard things like: "Why can't we just bleed for 1 hour. Okay! We get it!  We're not pregnant! God should have only given it to us for 1 hour to let us know that."
If only more people understood the benefit of being humbled.
Maybe it's  just that it got old and I was in a mood when I saw it (one too many times) or maybe it was the wording (which I didn't quote because it's just my memory now) but I just got frustrated!  Yes!  Periods suck! So does being homeless or getting limbs amputated or having cancer! Why can't we be grateful! Periods are a part of who we are. It is a cycle which God created for us and it has its place just like any hardship has its place in our lives! It is beautiful!
So anyway, it's not exactly my problem. I  suppose I just needed to rant. There is nothing I can do or say to change the minds of the strangers in the Internet or the people in the world...
But I care. I care because it stands out to me.  I want to urge people to be more mindful and learn gratitude. Gratitude is one of most healing things a person can learn and experience. Truly.

No comments:

Post a Comment