Saturday, November 8, 2014

Too Much Technology?

So, I read this article, out of curiosity.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/cris-rowan/10-reasons-why-handheld-devices-should-be-banned_b_4899218.html
______________________________________________

Let me just say, this is WAAAAY overblown. There are many factors that cause or relate to the negative aspects of our emerging society. Let me tell you; gaming, television, and electronics should not be to blame. Upbringing is the number one. Adults can't blame little things like technology for all of these problems. You can't. The truth is, if you think your kid is having issues, it is probably your fault. Not technology's. I was raised on technology since I was little. I love people, I respect myself, I know that I need my sleep, and I love doing things other than gaming or using technology.
Why are some people like me fine with technology? Because we recognize that it CAN be addictive, and it doesn't have to be.
Fight it, you guys. If you're over the age of 10, learn to monitor yourself.
Parents, teach your kids to monitor themselves. If someone isn't getting enough sleep, eating healthy enough, or taking enough breaks. Then sleep, take breaks, and eat healthy. Technology is not to blame for laziness.

Gaming/Technology should be limited (not banned) by parents up to a certain age, and then person themselves for generally only these reasons:

  • not getting enough exercise
  • not getting enough sleep
  • not eating well enough
  • not doing anything else
  • not getting enough real social interaction

And In terms of gaming, playing real games are good for your brain with problem solving, strategy etc. Playing mindless games on your phone or tablet are usually not good for your mind, and should be monitored way more.
Violent games should only be monitored and limited if the person or people playing them start showing signs of aggression coming out  in the real world. This can happen to some people but NOT ALL.

No comments:

Post a Comment