Saturday, June 18, 2011

Best Year Ever

Flashback:---------------->

The weekend of March 4th, 5th, and 6th was just the beginning of my 2011 adventure. Those were the days of the 2011 ECCC (Emerald City Comic Convention) This was the most special moment of my lifetime, why? I met Brent Spiner, Felicia Day, Amy Okuda, Nicholas Brendon, Clare Kramer, and James Marsters. I shook hands with all of them, hugged Felicia Day, and got a picture with James, Felicia, and Nicholas. It was amazing. It is not something I could ever forget. James was amazingly nice for a blonde, vampire bad-boy. He was a 'gentleman' as my dad called him. We all really liked them. They are really nice people, and I got signatures from Nicholas, James, and Felicia. I can't really describe how special all that was for me. I am in love with them. They are such amazing, talented people, who really inspire me, and make me confident. Thank you so much for being at ECCC in 2011. And thank you lord, for letting me go meet them. :)

On June 4th, 2011, when I thought that nothing better could possibly happen this year, my dad informed me that he had gotten a really good deal on a couple of tickets... A couple of U2 tickets. U2 Tickets for a concert at Quest Field on June 4th, 2011. I never in my dreams imagined that I'd ever go to a U2 concert, but I did. I remember at first the sun beamed in our faces, and the warm up band played down on a stage in the middle of the 'Field' with a colorful canopy over it. There was a round circle screen just underneath the canopy that showed the filming of the concert. Eventually the sun went down, and we were no longer blinded. It grew dark, and a light show began. At one point Bono was singing into a light-up-red steering wheel that hang from a cord. He would lean out into the standing audience that was right next to the stage. Dad said that they paid a fortune to stand there, but we had a great view. They played Vertigo, Magnificent, City of Blinding lights, I'm gonna go Crazy if I don't go Crazy tonight, and many many other songs. They ended with my favorite light show, a disco ball that shined rays of light so thick that I was sure people could see it from the street. During this, the finale, Bono sang, 'With or Without You'. It was so beautiful, I thought I was going to cry, and I almost did. Also, During 'City of Blinding Lights', the circular screen that was just underneath the canopy expanded, and lit up each individual square so that it was a long cylinder that looked like a City of Blinding lights, or a sky scraper with lit up windows. It was so cool, and at one point there were so many colors, and lights in every direction that I thought it was better than fireworks. It was spectacular. It was amazing, so I am very happy, and thankful because I had the best year, I have ever had before.

God bless you,

~Rosem

No comments:

Post a Comment