Thursday, May 26, 2011

Not For Me--Written in April, 2011

Not For Me

One time,
if I had grief,
I'd think of you,

whenever I was down,
I'd think of you,
there, with me.

Now I see the scene,
the moment is gone,
through my eyes,
it is broken.

She walks past your house,
glancing towards it,
as she slows.

Softly she walks,
her heart beating steady.

Then he sees her go by,
and jumps at the door.

She leaps, yet with feet,
still on the ground.

Not a second later,
she's right in his arms.

His breath, slowly felt,
on the back of her neck.
She closes her eyes,
let not time fly.

The scene carries on,
with my heart left unbeating,
but not bleeding.

Now, when I see it,
the boy stays inside,
the sun goes away,
and rain takes it's stride.

Harder, and louder,
rain leaves her alone.

I am that girl,
alone, in the rain,
for life's too important,
for me to be seen.

The shadow crawls around me,
yet I dare not ever cry,
for my heart can withhold this,
my life, is not guy.

~4/8/11~

No comments:

Post a Comment